You are hereHome ›
For 100 years, Bakersfield College has been committed to meeting every student, wherever they are, and helping them progress and achieve their educational goals and transforming their lives. Achieving the Dream will provide a rigorous and comprehensive approach to ensuring that this work continues. Achieving the Dream is an approach to student success which will be integrated into the fabric of what we do, every day, at Bakersfield College. The program brings in the framework to help Bakersfield College fine-tune the work we already do to help every student succeed.
Bakersfield College will be “underlining” all students. Certain populations are disenfranchised, and we are all-too aware of this ongoing issue. Scores and data indicate a widening achievement gap. Using the model from Achieving the Dream, we will identify, in a disaggregated manner, those student populations not achieving at the same level and develop targeted interventions to help them succeed.
Bakersfield College is committed to providing excellent learning opportunities in basic skills, career and technical education, and transfer courses for our community so that our students can thrive in a rapidly changing world. Bakersfield College one of the three institutions that makes up the Kern Community College District (KCCD).
Bakersfield College values:
- Assisting students to achieve informed educational goals
- Meeting the highest standards of performance in everything we do
- Recruiting and retaining the best and brightest employees
- Promoting a climate of trust by sharing ideas and information
- Fostering a learning environment that respects and supports the diversity of people, ideas, learning styles and instructional methodologies
- Honoring the traditions and community involvement of Bakersfield College
- Relying on data-informed decision-making
- The Network
- Interventions Showcase
- Knowledge Center
- Cutting Edge Series
- Principles and Practices
- Tools for all States
- Achieving Success (Policy Newsletter)
- Data Notes (Data Newsletter)
- Get Involved