You are hereHome ›
Wallace State Community College
Due to an April 2011 tornado, Wallace State Community College (WSCC) suffered damage to 90% of the campus and monies previously dedicated for other projects had to be diverted to assist the recovery. This has stretched WSCC’s financial resources, leaving the college to seek creative ways to continue to improve student success with limited funding.
In working with Achieving the Dream, WSCC plans to:
- Promote innovative learning environments through faculty and staff development
- Increase partnerships with business and industry to enhance the resources available to the college
- Effectively allocate and utilize resources through strategic and operational planning that is outcome-based and results-oriented
WSCC is located in north central Alabama in the town of Hanceville. WSCC is a comprehensive community college dedicated to providing excellent and enriching student experiences that give students the best preparation in the nation for the careers they seek and for university transfer. WSCC was recently designated as one of the top 120 community colleges in America by the Aspen Institute. It leads the Alabama Community College System in graduation rates and is among the nation’s top producers of two-year health program graduates. WSCC’s campus is comprised of 42 buildings on 300 acres. It operates off campus centers at several high schools and other community colleges.
WSCC serves more than 7,000 students per semester and offers 50 majors leading to degree, certificate, and transfer opportunities. The student body is 91% White, 4.76% Black, 1.59% Hispanic, .95% American Indian, and .38% Asian.
- The Network
- Interventions Showcase
- Knowledge Center
- Cutting Edge Series
- Principles and Practices
- Tools for all States
- Achieving Success (Policy Newsletter)
- Data Notes (Data Newsletter)
- Get Involved