Leading the Way: Achieving the Dream Leader Colleges
Colleges selected into Achieving the Dream signify their commitment to closing achievement gaps and improving student success by creating a culture of evidence on their campuses. The task of improving student success is as difficult as it is important, which is why accomplishing and sustaining positive change deserves recognition. Achieving the Dream is proud to award the Achieving the Dream Leader College designation, giving national recognition for sustained improvement in student outcomes at community colleges.
Benefits: The Leader College Distinction
- Priority opportunity for competitive grants through the Achieving the Dream Grant Program.
- Recognition as sources of expert advice for national and regional events.
- Features in Achieving the Dream promotional and technical assistance materials.
- Branding as a national exemplar through the right to display the Leader College logo on your college's website and in communications materials.
- Opportunity to serve as mentors within the Achieving the Dream National Reform Network and advocate for the principles of Achieving the Dream.
Leader Colleges have demonstrated commitment to and progress on the five principles of Achieving the Dream and have shown at least three years of improvement on at least one of the Achieving the Dream measures of student success. Only active Achieving the Dream Participating Institutions are eligible for consideration. There are no additional fees associated with Leader College designation, beyond the normal Achieving the Dream participation fee.
**The Leader College distinction is granted for three year cycles. After three years, Leader Colleges must undergo a recertification process to maintain their Leader College status.
Leader College Criteria Review Team
Achieving the Dream formed a Leader College Criteria Review Team in January 2012 to ensure that the Leader College distinction represents robust achievement, while supporting a way to appropriately recognize colleges for the challenging work of helping students succeed. The Review Team's input helped shape the 2012 application process, as well as the recertification process for Leader Colleges that have reached their third year as a Leader College.
- The Network
- Get Involved