Leah Meyer Austin Award
Achieving the Dream, Inc., with support from the Kresge Foundation, is pleased to announce the 2013 Leah Meyer Austin Award winner:
- South Texas College (2013) - 2013 Leah Meyer Austin Award Brochure
Formerly known as the Leah Meyer Austin Institutional Student Success Leadership Award, the award was established in October 2008 by the Lumina Foundation to recognize outstanding institutional achievement in creating excellence and equity through policies, practices, and institutional culture to support and increase student success, with particular attention to low-income students and students of color. Colleges that receive the award demonstrate that they have strong quantitative data and outcomes across all five Achieving the Dream outcome indicators and evidence of closing achievement gaps, as well as a compelling qualitative story of culture change using Achieving the Dream’s Student-Centered Model for Institutional Improvement. Strong applications will describe how the values of equity and excellence have influenced the college’s work and have focused on closing achievement gaps among student subgroups based on race/ethnicity, income, gender, or age.
The winning institution will receive a cash award of $25,000 to be used to support student success. The 2013 award will be announced at the opening session of DREAM 2013, Achieving the Dream’s annual meeting on student success.
This award is given in honor of Leah Meyer Austin, former Senior Vice President for Program Development and Organizational Learning at the Lumina Foundation, whose visionary leadership shaped the development of Achieving the Dream.
Past Award Winners:
- Zane State College, OH (2012) - 2012 Leah Meyer Austin Award Brochure
- El Paso Community College, TX (2011) - 2011 Leah Meyer Austin Award Brochure
- Guilford Technical Community College, NC (2010) - 2010 Leah Meyer Austin Award Brochure
- Valencia Community College, FL (2009) - 2009 Leah Meyer Austin Award Brochure
- Application Deadline: COB Friday, November 13, 2012
- Selection and Notification of Winner: December 14, 2011
- Award Presentation: February 5, 2013, Anaheim, CA
Please direct questions to the 2013 Award Coordinators Courtney Larson and Lynn Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Network
- Get Involved