Today’s heightened sense of uncertainty and apprehension requires a bolder, stronger focus on providing resources and supports to colleges in the national ATD Network. During this time, we are maintaining this coronavirus library of resources, virtual events, and messages to help our colleges as the navigate the pandemic.
Actionable resources that provide key take-aways to meet ATD college’s immediate educational needs. We have curated resources found from institutions across the nation who have generously shared their expertise along with assets of our own.
You’ll find guidance in four main areas:
- Educators: Online Teaching and Learning Through Disruption
- Student Support: Delivering Support Services to Students Amidst the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Institutional Support: Guidance for Administrators
- Data Strategy: Data-Informed Decision-Making in Times of Disruption
Virtual consultations free of charge for any college active in the ATD Network that is in need of assistance in addressing the immediate challenges ahead in ensuring your students not only have access to course work online, but also the necessary advising and personal supports to help them succeed.
- For a 45-minute consultation for student services leaders in need of assistance to address the challenges of providing virtual student services and supports, schedule using this link.
- For a 45-minute consultation for faculty, or instructional designers in need of assistance to make a quick transition to an online environment, schedule using this link.
GUIDES / TOOLKITS
- Data-Informed Decision Making in Times of Disruption Guide
- Building Adaptive Capacity for Resilience and Agility Guide
- COVID-19 Reflection Exercise
ATD IN-NETWORK WEBINAR SERIES
A component of ATD’s COVID-19 response was a series of four webinars designed for colleges that are active in the ATD Network. The In-Network series began May 8 with a virtual meeting of presidents and CEOs, followed by virtual meeting of the full ATD Network May 15. Read about the full series on ATD’s events web page and download the Toolkit for Actionable Decision Making in Times of Disruption.
- A Conversation with Network Presidents (presidents, CEOs, and chancellors of ATD Network institutions)
- ATD Network Forum: Equitable Access and Outcomes in a Post-COVID Environment
- Data-Informed Decision Making in Times of Disruption
- Building Adaptive Capacity for Resiliency and Agility
ATD VIRTUAL TOWN HALL: SUPPORTING STUDENTS VIRTUALLY DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
Achieving the Dream hosted a LIVE Virtual Town Hall with Dr. Karen Stout and ATD leaders. The Town Hall provided a forum to answer pressing questions related to supporting student success during this ever-changing environment, with expert guidance related to:
- Distance Learning and Instructional Design
- Providing Virtual Student Supports
- Leadership and Strategy
- Communication Strategies
ONLINE TEACHING & LEARNING THROUGH DISRUPTION SERIES
Achieving the Dream created a series of webinars designed to give faculty a place to learn from one another about how to support student success in a fully remote teaching and learning environment during the unprecedented COVID-19 closure of community college campuses across the United States. During each of these weekly sessions, we aimed to:
- Provide the strategies, tools, and knowledge needed to adjust to the educational and social disruptions on your campus caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Help connect peers, communities of practice, and other valuable external resources
- Hear immediate needs so ATD’s Teaching and Learning team can develop just-in-time resources and services to help address these needs