Achieving the Dream continues to carefully monitor and respond to the COVID-19 crisis. During these uncertain times, ATD is centering our network colleges and your students in the design of our COVID-19 response. Outlined below are actions we are taking immediately. Please check back here often for updates about the resources and supports we are offering.
Actionable resources that provide key take-aways to meet ATD college’s immediate educational needs. We have curated resources found from institutions across the nation who have generously shared their expertise along with assets of our own.
You’ll find guidance in three main areas:
- Educators: Online Teaching and Learning Through Disruption
- Student Support: Delivering Support Services to Students Amidst the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Institutional Support: Guidance for Administrators
Virtual consultations free of charge for any college active in the ATD Network that is in need of assistance in addressing the immediate challenges ahead in ensuring your students not only have access to course work online, but also the necessary advising and personal supports to help them succeed.
- For a 45-minute consultation for student services leaders in need of assistance to address the challenges of providing virtual student services and supports, schedule using this link.
- For a 45-minute consultation for faculty, or instructional designers in need of assistance to make a quick transition to an online environment, schedule using this link.
ONLINE TEACHING & LEARNING THROUGH DISRUPTION
[Webinar 1: MARCH 25 -Strategies for Rapidly Moving Online]
Webinar 2: APRIL 1 1:00 P.M. ET / 10:00 A.M. PT - Communication & Engagement Strategies at a Distance
Webinar 3: APRIL 8 1:00 P.M. ET / 10:00 A.M. PT.
Webinar 4: APRIL 15 1:00 P.M. ET / 10:00 A.M. PT.
ATD is offering a series of webinars designed to give faculty a place to learn from one another about how to support student success in a fully remote teaching and learning environment during the unprecedented closure of community college campuses across the United States. During each of these weekly sessions, we hope to accomplish three goals:
- Provide you with the strategies, tools, and knowledge you need to adjust to the educational and social disruptions on your campus caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Help connect you with peers, communities of practice, and other valuable external resources
- Hear from you about your immediate needs so ATD’s Teaching and Learning team can develop just-in-time resources and services to help address these needs