TEACHING AND LEARNING SERVICES
Effective teaching and learning practices are at the heart of maximizing student outcomes. We help colleges build the infrastructure they need to offer high quality teaching and learning so they can:
- Reach and teach every student
- Employ impactful, practical classroom strategies
- Design more dynamic, relevant, and culturally responsive courses
Specific strategies include:
- Implementing research-based instructional practices
- Deepening your college’s integration of equity-based teaching and learning
- Strengthening alignment between faculty hiring practices, professional development offerings, and policies for faculty evaluation, retention, and promotion
- Creating, strengthening, and sustaining robust hubs of faculty innovation, peer learning and support
- Empowering full-time and adjunct faculty to connect their students with the myriad personal supports available to them
Program benefits include:
- All annual ATD Network benefits
- Two full-day campus visits per year conducted by your ATD T&L coaching team, tailored to your institution’s T&L needs
- Bimonthly virtual support from your ATD teaching and learning coaching team
- Resources and tools to support your capacity-building efforts, tailored to your institution’s needs and implementation focus.
- Library of evidence-based practices from across ATD’s national Network
- Access to the nation’s premier college reform network, including more than 220 peer institutions more than 40 states working toward similar goals.
Every college is at a different stage of teaching and learning development. Achieving the Dream provides a variety of support modules to supplement and augment the teaching and learning capacity at your college.
Our most robust and intensive package helps build a lasting and vibrant culture of teaching and learning excellence, specifically customized for your institutional needs. With a combination of onsite visits and on-going virtual support, our expert T&L coaching team will assess your college’s current teaching and learning capacity and develop and implement a prioritized action plan for scaling institutional change.
Facilitated by two of ATD’s expert coaches, the two-day onsite assessment identifies challenges and opportunities unique to your institution, and unifies faculty and college leadership around an implementation plan going forward.
This full-day workshop provides professional development for a broad range of institutional stakeholders and builds foundational understanding in specific teaching and learning topics including: evidence based culturally responsive practices, guided student pathways, Open Educational Resources, and digital learning.
This full-day workshop provides a deep dive into how OER can be sustainably implemented to help transform a college’s vision for teaching and learning.
Not a Network college? Join us! We're building our next Cohort now and invite you to become part of our growing national network of colleges that are committed to improving student success for their students. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.